Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you doing to PULL in the Windows???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you doing to PULL in the Windows???

Check out this image....what are YOU doing to pull the outside into the inside???

Kirk
    Attached Files
    Redheaded Johnson

I’ve been working on improving my real estate photos. I need to improve the looks of the “white kitchens” and window pulls. I have used a combination of flash and available light with nikon raw files. It seems that utilizing HDR without a flash on Selected subjects might be the answer. I would use HDR on the kitchen and other places that need to look bright and clean. However, I would not extend HDR to bedrooms in 1300 square feet in a 1960’s ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon LeMay View Post
      I’ve been working on improving my real estate photos. I need to improve the looks of the “white kitchens” and window pulls. I have used a combination of flash and available light with nikon raw files. It seems that utilizing HDR without a flash on Selected subjects might be the answer. I would use HDR on the kitchen and other places that need to look bright and clean. However, I would not extend HDR to bedrooms in 1300 square feet in a 1960’s ranch.
      Jon:

Can you post some of your images? I would love to see them....and I'm pretty sure I can help!!!

Kirk
      Redheaded Johnson

Comment

Here's a link to a recent property.
        https://lemayphotography.pic-time.com/-58ChenalCircle

Comment

Says OFF LINE??????
          Attached Files
          Redheaded Johnson

Comment

Sorry please try again. Jon

Comment

Sorry please try again. Jon
              Same thing????
              Redheaded Johnson

Comment

I am so sorry. Please try one more time. https://lemayphotography.pic-time.com/-58chenalcircle

Comment

Jon:

OK...I did a fast look....are you asking for CC? or you just wanted us to see what you are doing? The reason I ask is several of the images are so close to the same thing it almost seems like you pushed the button on the camera and did not even move the camera and then pushed the button again. My question is WHY? What changed from the first shot to the second shot? And for the images that did show some change it was only a slight change. My question again is WHY? NOW, if you get paid by the number of images you take, well then I totally understand....but if you are not charging by the number of images you take, you are just making extra work for yourself???? HELP ME UNDERSTAND?????

OH...one more thing.....in the Real Estate world, never do VERTICAL images. They don't fit good on the internet computer page. NOW, if you are shooting this for a magazine, that is different. They work better as a vertical unless you are putting over 2 pages.

LET ME KNOW before we continue????

Kirk
                  Redheaded Johnson

Comment

I want my white kitchens to look really white and my windows not blown out. I think a mix of HDR for kitchens and open areas with large windows and my normal technique for small
                    rooms in 1300 sq ft ranch houses. Thanks

Comment

I want my white kitchens to look really white and my windows not blown out. I think a mix of HDR for kitchens and open areas with large windows and my normal technique for small
                      rooms in 1300 sq ft ranch houses. Thanks
                      The above house? Did you shoot it RAW? And did you bracket? Something like 3 or 5 shots over, normal, and under exposure?

Kirk
                      Redheaded Johnson

Comment

Shot in raw but just a flash shot and one available light. Should I concentrate on auto HDR in LightRoom or manual HDR and start figuring out that technique

Comment

NO...can you look at one of your images that you THINK could be better or wish it would be better....let me play with it.....I need the 2 RAW files of that one image. Send it to: [email protected] You may have to put it in a dropbox and send me the link to go download it.

LET ME KNOW????

Kirk
                          Redheaded Johnson

Comment

Jon: Don't quit on me....I think I can show you something without changing you too much....but I need to look at the files and what you are doing with them first. Send me those files. LET ME KNOW???

Kirk
                            Redheaded Johnson

Comment

Working...
                            X