No announcement yet.

HIGH SCHOOL BAND--UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIGH SCHOOL BAND--UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY!!!

Had a unique opportunity to photograph our local HS Band. For some unexplained reason, many of the band members didn't make it, which actually was a blessing for me trying to handle a larger group. The antique train image was pretty straight forward at about sunset with studio strobes. But, this is the unique part. We have a USAF Special Operations Base in our locale. These are some extremely high speed, specialized folks and security on the base is very high to say the least. We were allowed to photograph the band with one of the high tech Predator drones. These drones are flown on missions all over the world piloted from our base. They are one of the Air Force's deadliest assets. Anyway, to say it was a cool opportunity would be an understatement. I asked the band director, that given the level of security and the highly unlikely ability to take a couple bus loads of high school students out on the flight line and photograph under these conditions, how he pulled this off. He told me that having two students in the band whose dads were Colonels helped. LOL

VERY NICE!!!
    i guess 6ft rule doesnt apply here. (masks) lol

Comment

This was significantly prior to the Covid nonsense, like last year.

Comment

AHHH!!!!!

Comment

Pretty cool!!!!
          Redheaded Johnson

Comment

Working...
          X