strip joint wall #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strip joint wall #1

In case you missed the discussion on the old P4....this is one of the images that I made at a closed strip joint. We were thrown off the property by a big bad guy.....it insued quite a discussion with Kirk and Rick G adding lots of "color commentary" to the story.

These are straight out of a fuji s2.....no color correction...nothing other than cropping and resizing for posting here...

this is one of 3

Thanks for looking and for comments....Lisa
    Attached Files

Now it makes since!!

I see why you had to beat up that old lady and get shot at and slaughter that pit bull dog all to get this shot!!

IT was worth it.

Kirk
    Redheaded Johnson

Comment

I like all the images. This is my second favorite, but Fuzzy Duenkel once told me that putting both arms up like this is too playboyish for a teenage girl. Personally, I like the energy and feeling in this, but I'm wary of doing things too provocative for a senior. For some, it's perfectly great (see my webpage), but for others...

The fact that you are a female photographer probably makes it much more acceptable.

Comment

But FRED....Remember,,,,she was in from of a STRIP CLUB!!!

HEHEHHEHEHEEHE

ARMS HAD TO BE UP.....

Kirk
        Redheaded Johnson

Comment

Remember this has nothing to do with the strip club.....it has everything to do with her B&W outfit and the B&W wall.....
          she nor I are affiliated with that place!!

Comment

I know,,,,,,,but I just could not resist.....

Kirk
            Redheaded Johnson

Comment

Some of the Seniors want to look sexy, although it makes me uncomfortable having two teen aged daughters myself. I shot this one a couple of weeks ago. Really liked the lighting in this location, but didn't like the way it looked over all. Kind of the pits Also shot with an S2.
              Attached Files

Comment

Tim:

What lens??? And at what f stop???

Kirk
                Redheaded Johnson

Comment

Kirk, shot this one with a Nikon 300 2.8 AF-D, at f2.8. Fill was from a Photoflex reflector. I have a couple more I shot with this lens, from this session. I love the perspective, but it was difficult to communicate with her, I was so far back.

Comment

I knew it!!
                    I knew it!!!
                    I knew it!!!!

YOU see this is YET another problem I've been having with DIGITAL!! The Hassy 150mm lens at f4 is NOT the same as say a 70mm lens at f4!!

Because the 70 is more wider, I get greater depth of field!! I HATE THE LOOK OF THAT!!

So,,,this weekend I did a test with an 80mm 1.8 and it was close!!

I just ordered a 28-70 2.8 L (canon) lens, I'll be testing it soon. Then I think I'm going to order the Canon 80mm f1.2 L lens ($1200 SMACKERS!!! OUCH!!)....

I'm pretty sure I can get this effect, by using that lens at 1.2!!!

IF so, this is the lens I'm going to use the most!! I have no problems with a fixed focus lens!!

NOT TO MENTION!! During the months of Nov. and Dec. I MUST start photographing NO LATER than 3:00 PM due to the fact that by 3:30/45, it is just too dark to photograph with an f4 lens using 100 ISO film.

With a f1.2 lens, and the ability to switch to 400 ISO on the fly, MY outside shooting time could be EASILY extended to 4:00/30!!!

This is a HUGE REASON FOR ME TO DO this years seniors ALL DIGITAL!!

Yours,

Kirk Voclain
                    Redheaded Johnson

Comment

Kirk, when I had my D30, I had a Canon 135 f2 L. Awesome lens, and blurred the background oh so nicely. Many people say its the best prime lens in the Canon lineup, although the 200 1.8 has a huge following. I also have an 85 1.4 Nikon, which is sweet, but I really miss the perspective of the 135. Worth a look. I probably have some images somewhere I shot with it if you want to see them.

Comment

I do!! I do!! Please post!!

Kirk
                        Redheaded Johnson

Comment

Here is another with the 300 2.8. Lousy composition, nicely rendered background. Not a favorite, but it does show how nice a long lens is for Seniors. I'll go dig up some of the 135mm Canon shots.
                          Attached Files

Comment

YOU CANNOT get this with a Hasselbald!! CANNOT!!

Yet another reason for me to go digital....

By the way,,,,I'm working on a system for WORK FLOW that is so easy!

I'll be posting it as I get the kinks worked out.

Kirk
                            Redheaded Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk Voclain
                              I do!! I do!! Please post!!

Kirk

Ok, here is one. Looking for more. If I remember right, I
                              shot this one close to wide open, so it may have been at
                              f2. Definitely no more than 2.8.

Comment

Working...
                              X