No announcement yet.

strip joint wall #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops. forgot the attachment the first time.
    Attached Files

Comment

One more, maybe a little hard to tell how shallow the DOF is on this one, but its pretty shallow at f2 or f2.8.
      Attached Files

Comment

And last one I could readily find. I know I have more somewhere. Sorry for the sleeveless crop.
        Attached Files

Comment

This is the look I want!! I like soft focus, I use it, and "I MUST HAVE IT!!!"

OK, back to the drawing board.

Kirk
          Redheaded Johnson

Comment

Want to buy my 85mm 1.2??? I got it for weddings and never use it. Bought it from B&H as a Demo?? I think I paid $1400.

Comment

B&H has an IMPORT model listed for $1399,,,,YOU were $1 off..

HOW old, and what's your best BROTHER IN LAW deal???

Kirk
              Redheaded Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk Voclain
                This is the look I want!! I like soft focus, I use it, and "I MUST HAVE IT!!!"

OK, back to the drawing board.

Kirk

LOL! Kirk, I'm about to blow a gasket looking at your new
                Avatar! This really defines a splitting headache

Comment

Tim Schooler,

Love the look of your S2 images, would you share some information on your white balance, color, tone, and sharpness settings.
                  Thanks in advance,
                  Wayne Willoughby

Comment

Hi Wayne, these last three images were created witn a D30. The first couple from the S2, were shot with Auto white balance, Org tone, and standard sharpness. I normally shoot RAW for Seniors, but I had forgotten to reset the camera after shooting a concert, and shot these in high JPEG mode. One of them (not posted) was under exposed by two stops because I forgot to change the ISO on my Minolta meter, and I was still able to recover detail in the shadows. I would never have been able to do that with film! Are you shooting an S2?

Comment

Lisa,

Very well done!

You have captured a very spirited image of this young lady.

I also let my seniors do "sexy" poses if they want to, as long as they aren't slutty looking. I push the envelope in my area but there is a line that I don't cross. Some of my contemporaries say, "I could never do that!" I have to tell them and that's why they came to me. LOL!

We each have a comfort level and a style. When I'm giving a program that is one thing that I stress. There is nothing wrong with expanding your horizons and stretching your imagination but if you do it at the cost of your or your clients comfort level it may very well end in disaster.

Again Lisa, Well done!

Dave

Comment

Tim,
                        Are these raw or highly retouched?

thanks,

terry

Comment

older lookin seniors

Sometimes ya just don't know how to make these kids look like kids. I always ask: 1) Is you dad big, 2) can he run fast and 3) can he run forever. I can do 1 & 2 so if dad can't I don't worry about #1.

This girl was home schooled and when she pulled her hair back she was instantly 28 not 17.

terry
                          Attached Files

Comment

picture size

help me here, why are my pics smaller than others? I try to keep it to the size allowed but the others are so much larger.

How bout it kirk?

terry

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Loss
                              Tim,
                              Are these raw or highly retouched?

thanks,
                              terry

Hi Terry, they have been softened to approximate the effect
                              of a Softar filter.

Comment

Ok, couple of things.....

Lisa is right -- she was just doin a drive-by shooting! Just got caught -- that's all......kinda like a Chinese Fire Drill with a camera, I guess.....LOL!

Tim.....on that pose on the fence.....try this....cross the legs the other way and you won't get the bottom of the shoe and she will twist into a little slimmer shape with nothing else changed....Nice Shot! Really pretty eyes....got any of those with at 2.8?

Kirk, just keep in mind that the 80 1.2 is not really an 80 on the D60 -- it's a 120 1.2.......that's a better choice than a real 80. You're gonna get awesome shots with that puppy.....the $1200 will be paid back in no time! Can't tell you how hard it was to cough up 1500 for the 14 I got. But, that lens has paid for itself many times over in almost every situation.....using it again today for Ariel shots of a school.....with the low distortion, I can do a lot....including architural shots and very large groups in confined spaces. Man that's a big piece of glass!

Comment

Working...
                                X