LOCATION ALTERED to BEAUTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOCATION ALTERED to BEAUTY

Margaret wanted a beach shot in her senior portfolio. This would be our first time to use this set. The little sand bar is on the city drainage ditch that used to be a viable waterway. It has large broken blocks of cement dumped along the banks for flood control and it is basically ugly. Anyway it is down the street from our studio and it is noW our most request senior location. I call it making something out of not much. We could travel about twenty miles for a beach on the lake but this is five min. so we make it work.

Shot with a Bronica 6x6 my favorite 110 macro lenes. Used a California Sun Bounce, A diffusion frame overhead to block sun over model. Selective focus and some light digital on the cement blocks. We waited for the light and this was one of about 40 images taken in her senior shoot. It is one of my favorites form that shoot. To me it is about taking the time to manipulate the light on this attractive young woman. Hope you at least like her.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Richlain Robinson; 10-09-2002, 12:35 AM.

Very nicely done. Just can't beat soft light and a reflector!

Comment

Richlain, a very, very nice image! Great "set" you've got there! Keep posting your images!

Comment

You know, I live in Texas and we got more good-lookin women here per sqare mile than anywhere on earth -- but there ain't nothin like a fine lookin Miss-sippy girl in a great location been photographed by one of the finest photographers I know!!!!

Wonderful image and way to make cherry pie out of a bowl of pits!

Richlain -- YOU da man!!!!!

Comment

Thanks everyone, this a great business we are in!

Comment

Richlain, I couldn't agree more! We are very LUCKY to be in this profession! We love what we do. We are excited to go to work (if you want to call it work) everyday! We make people happy. We create memories. We make money. Man, what could be better? Like I said, we're really lucky!

Any idea what percentage of the population DREADS going to their job every day? I dare say its fairly high.

Comment

According to Studs Terkels book on American workers, most people do not like there jobs.

Comment

Okay Richlain, who on earth is Studs Terkels? Sounds like a fictional character. lol. You have such a book about American workers?

Comment

Killer!!!! You da man.
                  The only thing wrong with is is I didn't do it!!!!!
                  Hey, Richlain, get "The Good War". My favorite Studs book.

Comment

I think the title of the book was Working, but I really dont remember exactly. I read it when I was 15 or so, and that would have been in 1975, so its a pretty old book, might be dated somewhat since we shifted to a largely service-oriented society. But its definitely worth a read! Studs Terkel was no fictional character, he just had a very weird name.

Comment

Richlain...this is way cool...that's the kind of stuff I like!!

Thanks for sharing!!!
                      Geaux Saints!!!

Comment

RON
                        Thanks it means a lot when other professionals enjoy seeing our work. Hope things are well for you in Sweet Louisiana our border state. Unfortunately an absolutely wonderfully printed version of this image got a 72 from the PPA judges. Seems they though canvas was not a proper surface for a competition print. That one was without the border.

Comment

Working...
                        X