Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does time from session to order pickup bug you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does time from session to order pickup bug you?

Used to bug the begeebers out of me. I'm not completely through wrapping up the seniors I photographed last year...All have ordered, but a couple have not come in to pick up their orders, make their final payment, and look at frames. Last week, I did wrap up from a session I did LAST June...but it was worth waiting for:
    Portrait order..$4036
    Frames..........$3355
    Session...........$250
    ...Now, that did include the family which I did at the senior's session.

Partially closed another senior session out today that I also shot last June..
    Portrait order...$5590
    Session............$250
    She hasn't selected frames yet...

All of that to say it's not 100% true that those who delay ordering will low-ball you.....you have to consider your clientele, and know something about them!!

This is the first year that I am NOT chasing last years seniors to get their proofs returned, their order placed or delivered!

We went to Kirk's pricing structure for our seniors and it WORKS!! At least for us it does! Our Sr Avg has nearly doubled and our order/pick-up percentage is 100%. I do not have one senior from 2005 that neglected to place their order, much less pick it up!

In previous years we would be calling, calling, calling again, mail a post card, call them again,..... heck I still have proofs out from 2000! Never say never, but I doubt we will ever go back to our previous way of doing things!

Comment

Dave, I would say that was worth waiting for

Comment

OK, Karen so I know what not to do. How did you do it before and what change did you make from Kirk's advice.

Dave, when you have orders that size how much are you getting up front? Gee it must suck to be you, making all that money. I'm still in a market that wants something nice but not willing to part with that kind of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Marks
          OK, Karen so I know what not to do. How did you do it before and what change did you make from Kirk's advice.

Dave, when you have orders that size how much are you getting up front? Gee it must suck to be you, making all that money. I'm still in a market that wants something nice but not willing to part with that kind of money.
          $500 deposit when taking previews(paper and P2e CD), 50% deposit at time of order.....usually. Sometimes they will leave post-dated checks or CC slips if it is a sizable order.

Comment

Working...
          X