Print cases and P.P.A. Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print cases and P.P.A. Competition

For those of you that entered the recent P.P.A. print competition.
    I had two prints that will hang at the national convention. Will P.P.A. hold your print case until after January? Should I be ordering another print case?
    If anybody can answer this please let me know thanks
    BOB

Yep!

Comment

Yes they will, and I'm not happy about it!!! I asked Don Mitchell about holding our cases hostage during print competition a few weeks ago and he said to complain to the board members. They did this without asking the members. My state competition is in Sept, luckily I have another print case or I would have to go out and buy one as well.

Comment

Same here. I mentioned it to a couple board members and I guess we need many more to complain. Given the current plan for judging and then exhibition, I really don't know how they would do it any different.

Comment

Kirk, Cheri, Ron, Thanks for the information.
          Next question anyone have a print case for sale? Bob

Comment

Can anyone tell me why they decided to hold the competition in June if the Exhibition isn't until January? I didn't realize that until I read the Press Release I downloaded.
            I had 3 prints accepted so I am pleased; just curious if anyone knows why.

Thanks!

P.S. I was fortunate to purchase a second print case from a colleague who was not going to use it anymore. Cost me about $10!

honey

Comment

I think one reason is because it's held at the University of San Diego and most of the students are gone that time of year and PPA is given incredible rates on dorm apartments and meeting rooms. I'm sure there's more reasons but this is just my thinking. Maybe Bob Lloyd can shed some more light!

Comment

Well, my thinking would be that most state competitions are in the winter, but after PPA national convention. So you'd enter state, and if you did well there, send it on to Nationals, and wouldn't want to wait a whole year to do so.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Both explanations sound reasonable.

I got used to the routine of May or June competition, then exhibition/conference in July and that has changed.

honey

Comment

Working...
                  X