Billie and B&H....Customer Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billie and B&H....Customer Service

Well....Billie is on a mini vacation in NY with her aunt and uncle.....got there yesterday......today her new 20D quit.....so.....took the subway to B&H at the corner of 34th street and 9th Avenue.....we were on the phone the whole time and I gotta tell you how impressed I am with the Customer Service up there.....the guy in Customer Service took out another camera and they found that the connectors in her camera must be faulty.

They sent her to the exchange desk since she bought the camera from them just under three weeks ago....and eventhough she will have to ship them the box when she gets home, they exchanged her camera out....right then and there!

Everyone she dealt with or talked to in the store was helpful and friendly! This is New York??????? I thought they were all like the Soup Nazi!!!

That's great! Seems B&H has been in the professional's corner for a long time.
    Let's treat them well in return.
    Jim

Comment

Oh that's awesome!

Hope you're having a great time in NY girly!

I gotta find me a reason to go there!

Comment

That is great. On the phone they're usually rude, humorlous, robots.

Comment

but did they speak english??? The last time I called B&H I had a hard time understanding the person I got. Might have been a fluke... doubtful

I am glad they took care of Billie tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Wheeler
            but did they speak english??? The last time I called B&H I had a hard time understanding the person I got. Maybe have been a fluke... doubtful

I am glad they took care of Billie tho.
            There's that too! It definitely was NOT a fluke!

Comment

I went to B&H about 5 years ago. There was not that many people in the pro section or in the used sections. Me and the sales staff shot the bull for about 20 minutes. They were saying how it is a tourist attraction for a lot of pros. They started asking questions about Louisiana how they loved to visit.

They were really nice.
              "Stay Ignorant, My Friends"

Comment

Just ordered up some stuff online from them last night. They are the ONLY folks I buy stuff from! Top notch!

Comment

Originally posted by Carol Mellema
                  Just ordered up some stuff online from them last night. They are the ONLY folks I buy stuff from! Top notch!
                  Hi Carol:

Just out of curiosity, have you tried ordering from Calumet or Tallyn's at all?

I have really made it a priority to support my local dealers. They are the ones that I can go to if I have a problem. I can see and touch stuff. And, they support our local and state associations (granted not as much as before, but...).

I know this subject has been dealt with before, so please put away the flamethrowers. I'm just not as sold on B&H as some of you are.

Eric

Comment

I am impressed with BandH and recommend them often.

Yes. They are a little bit New York on the phone, but I hope to make the pilgrimage if I go to the Big Apple.

Comment

I love Schmul and the gang at B&H. They are mostly what you might call Orthodox Jews, hence, they are closed on most Jewish holy days and they close early on Fridays. They aren't there to help you decide what you want, but they are certainly helpful if you know what you want and they back up their sales. Stuff is always here sooner than I expect it. It's a great organization.

Comment

I use mostly Tallyns. They've always taken good care of us.

Carol, Tallyns is in Peoria. You should give them a try.

Ask for Ted and tell him I sent you and he'll give you a good deal... it won't be any cheaper if you didn't tell him I sent you, but you'll still get a good deal

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Kennedy
                          That is great. On the phone they're usually rude, humorlous, robots.
                          Funny....I've never had a problem talking with them.....now Art Leather.....there's some people that need a personalityectomy!!!

Comment

I have used Tallyn's (love midwest hospitallity) for years. Top notch and you can understand every word they say.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, B&H is my primary supplier. I used to go around and check p&a from all the usual suspects and found that most often B&H had the best price and almost always had stock. So any more I just go to them and don't waste my time looking around. They're not warm and fuzzy on the phone like a lot of places on the west coast are but they always get the job done....unless its a jewish holiday that is.

Comment

Working...
                              X