"Film" Storage at Weddings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Film" Storage at Weddings

What is everyone using for holding their data on while on location? Do you buy 10 flash cards, lug a laptop to the site, or get a digital wallet?

Hate to say it, ive been lugging a laptop and its a pain in the butt.

Bob,
    Using several Microdrives seems to work the best for me. I am using both Nikon and Canon bodies and so I must write on the cards which cameras they are formatted for. After the wedding is over I will download the images to my Office computer and burn the CD's before I hit the pillow. I don't want to have to worry about downloading images on the job and possibly forgeting to save the information before erasing the disk. If I am shooting a commercial job, then the laptop works great for showing the client and getting approval.

Aloha,
    John

Comment

I have been downloading on the labtop and leaviong them on the Microdrives. Reason is, redundancy. If something happens before I get the data cards home, I still have them on labtop. Plus I can transfer them faster from my labtop than I can from the microdrives.

Comment

We're using a Mindstore from Minds at work. IT's very small, works well, and depending upon which model you buy, will give you up to 20 gb of storage. I happen to have the 5mb model.

We dump the microdrives and cards, and then put the cards in a storage case, for redundency purposes. Our policy - never have less than two copies of the image files.

Comment

Fred:

I have been looking at those, my wife sometimes does weddings on her own, and she needs the ability to download her cards. Is the mindstore a USB or firewire connected unit once you get home to the computer. How long will the batteries last, and how reliable has it been??

Comment

It's firewire. Initially, the batteries had no life at all. They apparently got a bad batch. But now, the batteries seem to last a reasonable time. I still take the adapter with me, however, and just plug it in along with all my other battery chargers.

I bought one of the original run, and had some problems with it. But Mindstore replaced it, and the new one is just fine. I suspect they now have the bugs out, and I'm comfortable recommending it.

Comment

I lug a laptop and burn to cd immediately. Good check to make sure images are fine, BEFORE you leave or go on to next phase of wedding.

I have a mindstore digital wallet, have never used it and would be willing to sell it if you are interested Waldo...email me directly if you are!
              heather

Comment

Working...
              X