8th grader outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8th grader outdoors

Here is an image of an 8th grader wearing the outfit Mom chose......
    Attached Files

Now she is wearing HER outfit.........
    Attached Files

Comment

I could have told you which one she picked and which one mom picked for the picture.

Mom is wise.

Nice area for picture.

Comment

Wade, it could be a difference in monitor calibration, but they look a bit underexposed on my screen. I hope you don't mind, but I adjusted them just a bit. By the way, I like the darker shirt.
        Attached Files

Comment

And the second one..
          Attached Files

Comment

Cool, I like the dark one too
            Llew
            The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Tim,
              What method do you use to lighten up images?
              WADE

Comment

Great photo's, I'd like to have seen the background out of focus a bit more.. To Much detail.. But thats a personal thing.

Also they did look a little dark on my monitor also

Comment

Originally posted by J.Wade Tipton
                  Tim,
                  What method do you use to lighten up images?
                  WADE

Wade, I use the levels adjustment in Photoshop. You can use quick mask and select just the area(s) you want to adjust, so that your subject remains balanced with the background.

Comment

Matt, you're right, selective focus can usually add more impact to a portrait, but in this case, the colors in the background are pleasing, and I don't find the background so busy that it distracts. Perhaps a bit less depth of field would have been good though.

Comment

Wade,
                      The second portrait is definitely better, primarily because she seems to be happier to be there. I also thought the originals looked dark but I have this monitor set a little dark so figured that must have been it. The question I have is this: is there any significance to her being in the eighth grade, or is that just the age she happened to be when the parents decided to have the pics taken? Or do you have a program to promote to eighth graders and their parents?

Comment

Shawn,

That is a good question and I wish I could tell you I have a program for 8th graders, but I don't. The fact is I have been photographing this youg lady's family before she was born. GREAT clients. I live in East TN and they live in SE Missouri. I travel there often to do work at the school and for weddings. While I am on one thes trips, I schedule as many portrait sessions as possible to justify the trip. So far...It has worked really well!

Thanks for asking!!!

WADE

Comment

Working...
                        X