Taking out a color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking out a color

How do you take a color out of something? I know that it is easy however I am lost!
    I want to take the white out!! Sorry I forgot to tell that.
    Attached Files

Sonya,

Use the lasso tool and draw around what you want to keep, then move it onto a new image with a transparent backgound.

C

Comment

ok do I have to be exact or close will work? Can the magic wand work better??

Comment

use the magic wand tool and select the white...then select inverse and move to transparent. BUT....if you flatten an image with a transparent BG it will just turn it white again.

Comment

OW WHOOO I did it!! Thanks a bunch C!!!

Comment

OK lost my ow whoo. Jen you are one post late. How do I keep it on a transparent background and flatten it? Can that be done??

Comment

nope. the only way is to save it as a PSD so it has layers. what do you want to do with it?

Comment

I was trying to use it in LunaPix

Comment

Try "merge" instead of "flatten".

Comment

If that doesn't work get fluid mask. G

Comment

Sonya,
                      Here is another way you can do this very easily. (Learned this in a Suzette Allen class recently)

If you have your image on a single layer. Click on the layer style button on the bottom of the layers pallet. (Looks like a fancy F)
                      Choose blending options
                      There are two sliders at the bottom in the middle of this box.
                      Using the top slider, slide the right arrow toward the left until all of the white disappears.
                      Now is that not easy enough? Course it will not work if white is the color you are trying to keep....
                      But again you can not save it as a .jpg file. It can be various file extetions such as .png, .psd , .tif but not .jpg
                      Last edited by Kevin Harvey; 07-18-2007, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Sonya select the white with the magic wand then delete the white. Go to the layers palette & double click on the background layer & rename it to layer 0 or whatever you want. Now you can save it as a TIF or PSD file & it will retain the transparency. When the layer is a background layer it'll always revert to white.

Comment

Working...
                        X