les brandt vs maheu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• les brandt vs maheu

i'm in the market for some longer drops now that my roller system has been installed. i only have les brandt drops at this point and wonder if the quality of the maheu muslin is the same thickness as the les brandt? does anyone have both to share their experience? i have a few maheu's on my wish list and if they are as thick i'm going to order some muslins.

thanks!
    kim

Okay....I am a little confused? Muslins don't go on roller systems.

Comment

what do you mean? my muslins work fine on the phototech roller system. why are they not for muslin?

Comment

Roller systems are for canvas backgrounds. Rail systems are for muslins. You are my hero if you can get a muslin b/g to roll up without a crease.

Comment

hmmm...

my muslins are doing just fine on the rollers. the only one i have issues with is my white soft flow - so i'm using seamless instead. other than that they are fine.

Comment

So you are able to get them to roll up flat with no creases? Please share the secret! I would love to see a picture of your set up.

Comment

me too! I've got several muslins and was going to try to replace w/canvas, since I bought the roller system!
              (kori - weren't we both headed to bed an hour ago??? LOL)

Comment

Originally posted by Teri Mason View Post
                (kori - weren't we both headed to bed an hour ago??? LOL)
                I feel so sorry for my appointments tomorrow. I SWEAR I have my days and nights mixed up!

Comment

i have a couple muslins on my rollers... maybe if they have been *wadded* up before you have to steam them out before rolling... but if not... just roll them. they should work okay? not as good as canvas....but they do work better than ontrax.

Comment

well there you go...if alycia's doing it i know it's okay. (and thank you for making me feel better...i was starting to worry that i spent all this money so i could spend more money - haha!).

anyway, here's a pic of mine. the black and white one is a mess. they are the muslins from b&h and i basically wasted my $ on them. they get all tangled up when i try to roll them down so they'll be coming down this weekend.

Comment

Silly Miss Kori . . .rail systems are great for non scenics . . .but I have my muslins on rollers to

Kim . . .I think you'll find the Mahue drops are on the same weight of muslin as the Les Brandt. Which ones are you interested in?

Kind Regards
                      -Billie

Comment

Both make great drops. I make a ton of money with my les brandt.

Comment

Mahue is not as thick as Les Brandt. I have both...the Les Brandt rolls as well as my canvas drops...the Mahue has to be steemed everytime which keeps me from using it very much. It is too thick for the muslin track but not thick enough to roll.

Comment

Holy [email protected]! I feel like an idiot. I just ordered all new canvases for my roller system having read here somewhere (I am positive!) that muslins DO NOT work on roller systems.

Comment

Okay.....I am too ocd to have the wrinkles on muslin. I actually have stopped buying muslin backgrounds period. Even Aleesa's (background artistry) I prefer to have on canvas now.

Comment

Working...
                              X