X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick McDaniel
    Guest replied
    Do yourself a favor........

.....buy the pro glazer's point driver and points. It will make life a lot easier...and the pro points are long enough to catch well with any backing material (even if you don't have the best fit), and they have a notch which make for real easy removal.

It's not that much money.....and it is more than worth the investment.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Lorenz
    Guest replied
    Re: hope you don't mind...

I agree with Lisa... just spend the $40-50 and get the Fletcher point driver. It's a LOT eaisier than fooling around with glazers points.

And Lisa, up here in Chicago, we can do it in 20 (seconds)! :-)

Eric Lorenz

Leave a comment:

• Lisa
    Guest replied

We don't have em' in the sticks either...we had to go to Nashville.

OK...I see what you are doing...I thought you were putting them in right behind the glass, then putting in your photo, backing board etc. For that I use a Fletcher point driver...it is a gun that shoots either flexible points (we use those on our table top frames) or hard points (they do not bend)..you just load the gun with the points and shoot them in...takes about 30 seconds per frame. I wish attaching the dust covers were that easy!!

Have a great week-end!!

Leave a comment:

• Bob MacDonald
    Guest replied

Lisa.....

Up here in the Mountains, we don't have any photo framing schools! Seriously, I'm using them to hold the backing board in place behind the photo. There's about a 3/8" board between the photo and the board, and I've never had any damage to a print (so far!).

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Lisa
    Guest replied
    hope you don't mind...

if I ask WHY are ya'll using glazier points??? I used to think I had to and did for awhile. We recently went to a picture framing school (FOR 3 DAYS...) and they said they were not a good thing to use...just an extra step. That if you piece was correctly put together you didn't need them and they added a sharp edge next to the work....just wondering ....

Leave a comment:

• Lisa
    Guest replied
    Re: Framing work

Put the frame against up against a sturdy padded surface...put the point where you want it...and push it in with a metal putty knife.

Leave a comment:

• Bob MacDonald
    Guest replied

I found it...Thank you,very much for your help!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Sheila Pauley
    Guest replied

Do you use Albums Inc.???

They do make an inexpensive special tool for $10.34 and is product number FPM-515. It acts like a screwdriver but doesn't slip.

That what we use. It's on page 41 of the Procraft photographic supplies section in the new catalog top left corner. For future reference.

Sheila Pauley

Leave a comment:

• Kirk Voclain
    Guest replied

Here's the way I FIGURE IT..........

I can put a frame together in 10 seconds FLAT!!! But doing the screw driver trick, well that now becomes a 10 minute problem. NOT to mention the danger of scratching a frame or a photo.

TIME SAVED is money earned.

WHAT do I know though???

Kirk

Leave a comment:

• Bob MacDonald
    Guest replied

Just send me the money!

Leave a comment:

• Kirk Voclain
    Guest replied

JUST BUY IT!! The tool is well worth the money!!

Kirk

Leave a comment:

• Bob MacDonald
    Guest replied

Eureka!!!! It works! Thanks, Gary...couldn't have done it without you.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Bob MacDonald
    Guest replied

That's the "critter" Gary, I'll try the screwdrive method!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Gary Affleck
    Guest replied

Glazing points as the same kind you push into window sills to hold glass into the frames? They have two little tabs that stick up? If that's them you can put lay them on the back of the mount board, with the point toward the frame, then use a screwdriver to push the point in.

Leave a comment:

• Bob MacDonald
    Guest replied
    Framing work

Does anyone know if (or how) "Glazing Points" can be inserted without the purchase of (yet another) special tool? I'm trying the tack hammer method without success!

Bob

Leave a comment:

Working...
X