What you offer Senior Reps ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you offer Senior Reps ?

I have been browsing through previous posts about this... but I would love to see a thread with JUST the offer to the reps - without lots of discussion (yet). This way, we could all see at a glance what everyone is doing. I am relatively new to seniors and want to give the reps something, but not too much. Just showing off their brag book is not enough to give them a deal to me... do you guys make the new referrals do a consult or a session before the rep gets "credit" for the referral ?

Thanks

Paul

My reps get their album free. Their business cards offer the referral 24 free wallets, and the referral has to purchase before my rep gets her credit. My reps get $25 credit for every refferal sale.

So far I have one rep at one school, a girl who's talking to her parents at my son's school, and I plan to start recruiting juniors during the year which will be a peice of cake for me since my son is a junior. I will keep records of who sends them via their cards, then during their senior year when they come in for their actual pictures, their credits are tallied up.

Comment

Paul,

I've tried probably EVERYTHING over the past 21 years, and what I've found works best is to have EVERY single senior be a "rep". We give every senior we photo "referral cards" that gives the person that turns it in a small free gift, and then when the person pays off their order in full, we pay the "rep" $20 for every person they refer. So, we end up with hundreds of people out there handing out referral cards, not just a couple of chosen reps. CASH is the best enticement, not credit towards photos, as the parents usually pay for the photos, and the kids could care less about their parents saving a few bucks!

Comment

Mine has evolved over the years but here is what we currently do:

1. Free session
        2. Free folio with 8 4x5's (if they do a good job on our mailing list)
        3. Discount on their order, 25% if ordering in May, 15% in June, 10% thru end of August.
        4. $5 for each referal card that is redeemed.

I have decided that I really don't get a lot from my models so I give them a lot. The main reason I continue to use them is so that I have current samples to use in advertising.

Comment

Just started in the senior market. We're giving our reps:

-Free session
          -Referral cards which can earn them a free 8x10
          -Display products for their parents to show off (in one case a destop composite with an easel)
          -A spiral proofing book for the senior to take to school to show off (using Kirks' proofing action)
          -The rep's mom's are each hosting a party and inviting 30 senior friends and their moms to the party with snacks, where we will have samples all over the place, a slide show, our offerings and pricing, door prizes and a booking incentive for the evening. The senior rep will get to pick one of the displays we have of her/him there at the party to keep (we're having several displays including 10x20 composites, wall portraits and a poster "blend" - so they have a nice choice).
          U can cc/rework/repost my posts-tell me what u did

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley C Dawson
            -The rep's mom's are each hosting a party and inviting 30 senior friends and their moms to the party with snacks, where we will have samples all over the place, a slide show, our offerings and pricing, door prizes and a booking incentive for the evening. The senior rep will get to pick one of the displays we have of her/him there at the party to keep (we're having several displays including 10x20 composites, wall portraits and a poster "blend" - so they have a nice choice).
            Shirley, this is one of the best ideas I have seen posted on this topic in a VERY long time! Well Done!
            Indecision may or may not be my problem...

Comment

Thanks Jeb, We're trying to begin a senior market. This year's class is my daughter's senior class so we're trying to take advantage of me knowing a lot of the kids and their moms. We want everyone to want their senior to be one of our "reps" next year. We're targeting mainly one school district this year but we've already got a request from a senior out of town and I'm inviting she and her dad to one of our "Events".

I'll let everyone know after next week if our first "Senior Portrait Event" works - the first one is next week. We have another one later in July.
              U can cc/rework/repost my posts-tell me what u did

Comment

Stopped doing senior reps years ago, to much trouble keeping track of all that stuff.
                Besides, some do great job and some do nothing, you cannot tell how good a job they will do for you anyway.

So we print each senior a free set of wallets 24 poses with our name on them right after the session so they have something to show right away that has our name on them. Using the Kodak 8660 dye sub you can whip them right out and die cut them in just a few min.

I have had more comments about those than anything else we have done, the cost is $6.00 per senior, and thats pretty cheap advertising.

Comment

Bill:

I really like this idea!!! Do you do this DURING the session??? BEFORE they leave or something???

Do you mail it to them? OR have them come back in???

I think this is a GOOD FIT for what I want to do next year.

Kirk
                  Redheaded Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk Voclain
                    Bill:

I really like this idea!!! Do you do this DURING the session??? BEFORE they leave or something???

Do you mail it to them? OR have them come back in???

I think this is a GOOD FIT for what I want to do next year.

Kirk
                    Kirk:

We pick out our favorite poses the next day and send them out USPS along with 4 senior flyers.

Comment

I like that. I've never used reps and haven't felt the need to. But I like Bill's idea.

Comment

I really...really like that idea!!!! I love the POWER of a thank you note.....and combine that with 24 wallets a few brochures....WOW....very powerful!!!

Thanks again...consider this EMPLEMENTED!!!!

Kirk
                        Redheaded Johnson

Comment

EMPLEMENTED, is that how you implement things in the south?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Graves
                            Stopped doing senior reps years ago, to much trouble keeping track of all that stuff.
                            Besides, some do great job and some do nothing, you cannot tell how good a job they will do for you anyway.

So we print each senior a free set of wallets 24 poses with our name on them right after the session so they have something to show right away that has our name on them. Using the Kodak 8660 dye sub you can whip them right out and die cut them in just a few min.

I have had more comments about those than anything else we have done, the cost is $6.00 per senior, and thats pretty cheap advertising.
                            That is a good idea. I am getting ready to do that with our children's clients.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Kennedy
                              EMPLEMENTED, is that how you implement things in the south?
                              ....glad you are starting to see how my mind works

Kirk
                              Redheaded Johnson

Comment

Working...
                              X