Anyone done Harry Potter theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone done Harry Potter theme

I have a young man coming in that is really into Harry Potter. For whatever reason he has sparked my interest and I want to put together an art piece based on Harry. Has anyone done a session with a Harry Potter theme?
    C

I'll be interested to see what you come up with. Haven't done a Harry Potter theme, but I did have a senior bring in all her Harry Potter books to be photographed with last year.

Comment

I don't have anything I specifically have done, but I've seen one where the subject was holding up a book and all you could see was the book and the top of the head and the eyes (as if he/she was reading it).
      If I were you I would try taking a look at the website to see if you could gather inspiration from there.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Comment

watching with high interest.

Comment

Here's the story.......
          When we have clients with special interests like this guy, I always spend more time doing research and use that as I photograph props and the client. Hoping in the end to create an art piece. Will the client buy it? Not sure, however they display well and makes people think. On Thursday Becky tells me that the Harry Potter guy is coming in. So here I am mentally preparing, researching and so on. Friday afternoon she tells me that she was wrong. Harry is not coming in today. In fact it is a girl that does not want her photo taken at all. No formal dress, sports, interests, nothing. From experience I am thinking that she is going to be on the "heavy" side. Looking for inspiration I start thinking and digging through this forum. Found great posing ideas and lighting. Ready to go. At 5:30 car pulls up and a 17 year old girl gets out, all dressed in gothic black. Head to toe black. The only color on her was her hair, black, blondish and greenish blue. Not Harry, not heavy. A very attractive girl who just likes goth. I was totally blown away. As it turned it we had an absolute blast, including the girl. I will post a couple of her later tonight.
          As for Harry, he is still coming in and I still keep working on the art piece idea.....

Comment

Looking froward to seeing both sessions!

Comment

i believe it was vicki taufer that did the harry potter book look that sam posted about. maybe check out her web site to see if she has it on there. it was 2-3 years ago....i think whe won an award on it, so if she has an "award winning" page on her web site...i would look there first.

good luck...u're picking the perfect month to do this! i'd love to see what u come up with, please share!

Comment

That's it Jennifer! I couldn't remember where I had seen it. THanks!

Comment

http://www.photographybyvicki.com/HTML/awards.html

i think thats the image your talking about?

Comment

Thanks Jenn. That is a cool photo. I will keep that in mind. I will post my image when I start on it.
                    C

Originally posted by Jennifer Briggs-Branch View Post
                    i believe it was vicki taufer that did the harry potter book look that sam posted about. maybe check out her web site to see if she has it on there. it was 2-3 years ago....i think whe won an award on it, so if she has an "award winning" page on her web site...i would look there first.

good luck...u're picking the perfect month to do this! i'd love to see what u come up with, please share!

Comment

This Sunday's Parade magazine had an interview with Emma Watson. Here's a nice portrait by Lorenzo Aguius.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I had a senior last season who started a harry potter club at her high school...this was her image...
                        Attached Files

Comment

here's one from last year - HTH
                          Last edited by Angela Deville; 04-26-2010, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X