At Her Farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At Her Farm

This gal requested that we come to her farm to do her senior session. She had Bell's Palsy on one side of her face, so her eyes would droop every now and then. The mother thought I was nuts we we headed to the barn where they have all kinds of junk lying around. I knew the lighting was stellar, so I asked to trust me... She, dad and grandma could not believe how good their junk looked in the images.

Here is a quicktime movie of her session images. This is what we show them when they come to order through ProSelect. I found that ProSelect will also create a quicktime movie, so I can share it. The only problem is that the last slide stays on until the song finishes, not what I intended..., but good enough to share here.

Attached are the actual images they ordered. The girl wants to order and album from us as well after she saves up the money. We'll see if that happens but she was very excited to see herself in this way.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Wow, Mark - great job! You did a wonderful job and you would never know she had Bell's Palsy!

BTW - beautiful girl, too!

Comment

Mark,
        These look great!!! You did a great job...and the junk looked good too.

Jim

Comment

Great stuff Mark! I especially like the last one with the strong rim lighting.

Comment

Mark...on your slideshow, where do you get your music from?

Comment

Originally posted by Holley Washington View Post
              Mark...on your slideshow, where do you get your music from?
              I mostly use Triple Scoop Music.

Comment

Very nice! I like them all.

How long does a session like this generally take you to photograph?

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Whiddon View Post
                  Very nice! I like them all.

How long does a session like this generally take you to photograph?

Mark
                  Mark, she wanted 2 outdoor sessions worth of time, so that was 3 hrs. I only have 2 sessions. One indoor (up to 90 minutes) and 1 outdoor on location (up to 90 minutes).

Comment

These are really beautiful and you did a great job with her palsy!

Comment

awesome portraits. i couldn't tell either

Comment

what did you use for lighting - gold reflector ? or something additional ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jennifer Collins View Post
                          what did you use for lighting - gold reflector ? or something additional ?
                          Jennifer, I use an arsenol of reflectors/scrims and recently have added the fuzzyflector into the mix. I do not use any gold, because I do not want to change the color of the light.

The golden light shots look that way because I shot them around 7:30-8:30pm when the light was low and very golden in tone on that particular evening.

Comment

Those are beautiful! I love the way you brought her farm into her session. It totally "grounds" the images and makes them that much more personal. Excellent!

P.S. Thanks for the QT movie! Sometimes us Mac folks don't get to see the slide shows that easily!

Comment

Beautiful work as usual Mark!

Thanks for posting.

Comment

Working...
                              X