New Alley I discovered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Alley I discovered

Here's a couple from a new alley I found and used this week. This gal came with her clothes waded in a backpack and no makeup. She also brought a Harley, but was not a Harley type of gal. It seemed forced, not her style and the jacket she wore with it seemed more like a sweater. Tried to make the best of the situation... I think she'll be pleased...

Here are a couple from her session.
    Attached Files

Nice work Mark.

Like you said she doesn't look like a Harley girl.

Comment

Mark I just love your style! Great book by the way.

I would love you hear a little about your post processing technique if you don't mind sharing? You subjects eyes are just fantastic!

Thanks again.

Kelly

Comment

1 more... I forgot I had this one...
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Morton View Post
          Mark I just love your style! Great book by the way.

I would love you hear a little about your post processing technique if you don't mind sharing? You subjects eyes are just fantastic!

Thanks again.

Kelly

Kelley, Thank you.

The eyes are not heavily post-processed. I make sure they have good light with reflectors before clicking the shutter. Let me post the before and after of the closeup shot.

Retouching basically is:

1. Use Portraiture plug-in for skin softening.
          2. I burn the edges manually to taste.
          3. Vignette is normally done with a curves adjustment layer and then I mask back in the area of interest.
          4. If the image looks a bit flat, I will duplicate the layer and then set the blend more to something like overlay or soft light and then change the opacity to the desired effect.

This is type of editting is done to images they order. I do it very quickly for what we project to them during their order session. About 2 minutes per image.

Hope that helps.
          Last edited by Mark Thiel; 07-25-2007, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Kelley, here is the SOOC and processed version of the shot above.
            Attached Files

Comment

It's so fun to find a new space. These are great, Mark! Love the color harmony!
              Last edited by Tom Usher; 07-25-2007, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Wow! Nice job on the new location and on her skin! Gotta love Portraiture!

Comment

I am always looking for new places - right in my portrait park. It is amazing how you can look at the same space for so long and then look at it differently one day.

Comment

I too love your style Mark. What kind/size of reflector did you use? TIA!

Comment

:hi5: :hi5: :hi5: Great stuff dude!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lee View Post
                        I too love your style Mark. What kind/size of reflector did you use? TIA!
                        Andrew, I use 42x66" JTL collapsable reflectors and I have a Lastolite Tri-Grip one and then I use a 48" fuzzyflector.

JTL 5-in-1 Foldable Reflector 66"x40" - www.photography-lighting.com/reflectors.html
                        Tri-Grip Lastolite - www.lastolite.com/trigrips.php
                        Last edited by Mark Thiel; 07-26-2007, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Great work Mark.

Comment

These are beautifuk, Mark! Could you share the settings you use in Portraiture? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharon Chandler View Post
                              These are beautifuk, Mark! Could you share the settings you use in Portraiture? Thanks!
                              I duplicate the layer, before running portraiture. I use the medium setting and then click on her skin to select the right tones. I have "create transparency mask' checked. This way only the changes are left on the top layer. I can then change the opacity of the layer to pullback the change if it is too much, so they don;t look plastic. Hope that helps...
                              Last edited by Mark Thiel; 07-26-2007, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X