Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC Requested...Kyle

Hey Gang!

I have some images ready to order and I thought I'd ask for some CC. The first image is my favorite, the rest were ordered by the client. My favorite may or may not have been ordered but that is irrelevant.

I'm posting more than one thread for CC. In each thread, I have posted images of a different senior. Please critique each thread's images individually.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to what everyone says.

Michael
    Attached Files
    I LOVE my lab, H&H!

Uggggg Michael
    I think Elizabeth is rather masculine looking in these images

Comment

Originally posted by Marci Sandler View Post
      Uggggg Michael
      HEHEHEHE....Wow Michael you have come a LONG way in the past few years.
      In your other CC thread Marci pointed out the staying in key with the clothes. In these images you did. Notice how much better these ones are....you eye goes right to his face....not the clothes.
      The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Overall I like them.
        Clothing is what you have to work with and you used it. You turned those horizontal stripes side ways so he didn't look 300 pounds. I would suggest losing the watch next time. And I haven't seen a letter jacket fit well on anyone yet...
        Very saleable - oh, where is the serious no smile pose? hehehehehe

Comment

The first thing I noticed is all of the images have GREEN in them. He must like green! I actually like the second one better - if you would have cropped closer (cropping out the pants) - he looks more relaxed. I think letter jackets are hard to pose - they're so stiff! I think that shows (stiffness) in his first pose. Also, #3 I usually have them take their watch off... That's all from me. -sara

Comment

I like 2 the best,then 3. Number 1 is broad-lit which I don't like as well and 4 is lit a little flat. I like the dice and scatter on 5. They're all saleable images.

Comment

Something about him reminds me of Mark Wahlberg...I think it's his eyes. ANYWAY! My biggest cc actually involves the backgrounds. To me, they don't make sense with his clothing other than in color. The lightpole and the bench are Victorian/ feminine while he has on a letter jacket. I would prefer a more masculine background such as a brick wall, etc. I think brick would actually have been nice since red and green are complimentary colors. Like Sara mentioned, a lot of green.

In the second image have his bend a leg so he's not standing so stiff and hook the other hand in his pocket.

But don't get me wrong, these are nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Marci Sandler View Post
                Uggggg Michael
                Yeah, I just noticed and fixed that. I forgot to change the name last night. What can I say? Late night.

Thanks Marci!

I LOVE my lab, H&H!

Comment

Originally posted by Llew Wenzel View Post
                  HEHEHEHE....Wow Michael you have come a LONG way in the past few years.
                  In your other CC thread Marci pointed out the staying in key with the clothes. In these images you did. Notice how much better these ones are....you eye goes right to his face....not the clothes.

Thanks Llew, I am trying. Sometimes I have a choice to stay in key and other times I don't, when the client requests something.

As I said, the first image is one I chose, and the rest are some of the ones that the client has ordered.

Thanks again, Llew!

I LOVE my lab, H&H!

Comment

Originally posted by tamara sauer View Post
                    Overall I like them.
                    Clothing is what you have to work with and you used it. You turned those horizontal stripes side ways so he didn't look 300 pounds. I would suggest losing the watch next time. And I haven't seen a letter jacket fit well on anyone yet...
                    Very saleable - oh, where is the serious no smile pose? hehehehehe
                    Hey Tamara!

You're right, we get the clothing with the kid/senior and we don't really have a choice as to what it is, no matter how much we try to educate them. I'm with you on the watch and if I remember correctily, I asked if he wanted to take it off or not, and he wanted to leave it on.

Oh, by the way, there were serious no smile poses, and they did order them, I just didn't post'm. Sorry.

Thanks Tamara!

I LOVE my lab, H&H!

Comment

Originally posted by Sara Vanderbilt View Post
                      The first thing I noticed is all of the images have GREEN in them. He must like green! I actually like the second one better - if you would have cropped closer (cropping out the pants) - he looks more relaxed. I think letter jackets are hard to pose - they're so stiff! I think that shows (stiffness) in his first pose. Also, #3 I usually have them take their watch off... That's all from me. -sara
                      Hey Sara,

Actually, the school color is green and they chose an outside session during the summer (in between LOTS of rain) so they got green outside as well. As for the water, it isn't blue, it is green or brown, that day we were lucky and it was green. Already talked about the watch with Tamara, and next time, I probably will be a little more forceful with the watch.

Thanks Sara!

I LOVE my lab, H&H!

Comment

Originally posted by Rod McAfee View Post
                        I like 2 the best,then 3. Number 1 is broad-lit which I don't like as well and 4 is lit a little flat. I like the dice and scatter on 5. They're all saleable images.
                        Thanks Rod!

Honestly, there's only so much you can do with lighting when you don't have an assistant, use reflectors (I really dislike using flash outside), and have the senior come in during the middle of the afternoon. I try hard to make it ideal yet I only have 2 arms. Kinda reluctant to ask a parent to assist because I want them to see what their baby is doing and how they look. I really do appreciate you chiming in on this.

Thanks again!

I LOVE my lab, H&H!

Comment

Originally posted by Jennifer Kastens View Post
                          Something about him reminds me of Mark Wahlberg...I think it's his eyes. ANYWAY! My biggest cc actually involves the backgrounds. To me, they don't make sense with his clothing other than in color. The lightpole and the bench are Victorian/ feminine while he has on a letter jacket. I would prefer a more masculine background such as a brick wall, etc. I think brick would actually have been nice since red and green are complimentary colors. Like Sara mentioned, a lot of green.

In the second image have his bend a leg so he's not standing so stiff and hook the other hand in his pocket.

But don't get me wrong, these are nice!
                          Believe it or not, Jennifer, he actually reminds me of William H. Macy and not Mark Walberg, his face isn't as round as Mark's.

As to the backgrounds, we really don't have any brick stuff around here downtown. Sad, but true, I think the nearest brick place is about 2 or 3 blocks away. Most of the buildings here (in downtown New Braunfels) were built in the early to mid '30s (if I remember correctly), and they were all built with (I want to say plaster, but I know that isn't it, basically they are all solid and aren't made of bricks) with a few exceptions of where they're made of stone.

I agree with the leg and I'll do that next time.

Thanks Jennifer!

OH! Just so y'all know, I do my sessions in modules, like John Hartman, and so I have a specific amount of time for each one and I can't always go walking all around downtown to do a session (unless they pay for it). Plus, it gets a tad hot down here (around 90 plus and I haven't even included the humidity due to the 2 rivers we have in town).

Thanks again everyone!

I LOVE my lab, H&H!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael J. Plumeyer View Post
                            Thanks Rod!

Honestly, there's only so much you can do with lighting when you don't have an assistant, use reflectors (I really dislike using flash outside), and have the senior come in during the middle of the afternoon. I try hard to make it ideal yet I only have 2 arms. Kinda reluctant to ask a parent to assist because I want them to see what their baby is doing and how they look. I really do appreciate you chiming in on this.

Thanks again!

Try asking the parent/friend/whoever they bring to hold the reflector once! I do it all the time and they genuinely seem to enjoy being an active participant in the session. They still notice the hair and stuff at the same time too! Try it.

Comment

Okey doke, Jennifer!
                              I LOVE my lab, H&H!

Comment

Working...
                              X