Nuetralizing a photograph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuetralizing a photograph

Has anyone out there heard about nuetralizing a photo in PS? It color corrects it (As I understand it...) Any thoughts would be appreciated!

thanks...WADE

Is is supposedly some command in photoshop? I've never heard that term related to PS.

Comment

You may be referring to the process of setting your known white and black points to white and black---sometimes called "color by the numbers".

Eddie Tapp calls it the 90% Method of Color Correction. You can download a PDF of it here:

Eddie Tapp

Ray

Comment

Fred,

I heard the term "nuetralize" a photograph at a TPPA Fall seminar. It seems that you sample the white (with detail) in an image and then adust your red green and blue to the one that has the highest number and then sample black (with detail) and adjust your r g & b to the lowest value. This is to color correct your image. You take your samples from levels. I tried it and it work pretty well....I was wondering if there is an easier way other than using the auto color balance (which I do not trust).

WADE

Comment

Ray...
          Thanks for the info! I will go to that site and check it out!
          WADE

Comment

Ray...
            That is what I was talking about....I have downloaded it and have not read it completely yet, but I know that is it! Thank you soooooo much!
            WADE

Comment

DON'T use auto color adjust. I believe it automatically assumes you have all tones from black to white in your image. If you do, it might work. If you don't have a full range of tones, it will not.

Much better to use what you are calling neutralizing, assuming you have a white point and/or black point with which to work.

Comment

Fred,

Thanks...I learned that the hard way! Wish I would have had been on this 4um 2 years ago! I have learned alot just by reading the posts! Thanks for your input!

WADE

Comment

Working...
                X