Photoshop tools help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop tools help....

Every now and then I will be retouching in photoshop and my tool, be it brush or healing brush or whatever will turn into a cross hair....instead of showing the actual brush circle on the image.

That makes it so hard when I can not see on the image the size of the brush...only that cross hair. I have tried reseting brushes...and everything else. Does anyone know why this happens .....how to keep it from happening....and how to get it to go back to showing the circle when it does??

I am running ps 7.

Thanks for any help with this!!

YEPPIEEEEEEE
    YEPPIEEEEEEE

Someone finally asked this question and I've been waiting now for over a year to answer it!!

YEPPIEEEEEEE
    YEPPIEEEEEEE

I fought with this for so many years it just aint silly.....I tried everything.........

OH, OH, OH, IT'S GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY TODAY.........

The anticipation must be killing you..........

Are you ready????
    Well???

Pause.......
    DRAMATIC PAUSE...........

AGRIVATING PAUSE............................................. ..........

IT IS YOUR SHIFT LOCK KEY!

YEP, that's it!! When your SHIFT LOCK key is down, you take all your tools out of the Percise mode.

NOW HOW MUCH IS THAT WORTH??????

ISN'T PRO4UM GREAT!!!!!

I love this place..........

NOW,,,,,POP ME SOME GOOD KARMA for that...........Please?

Kirk
    Redheaded Johnson

Comment

Glad I got your day started off right!!

Duhhhhhh......who'd a thunk it??? The shift lock key???

Like I said before.....prayers are answered daily on the P4!!

Thanks Kirk!!

Comment

KIRK, Are you serious? Thats it? LOL Man, its happened to me a billion times and now Connie keeps asking me what to do when that happens.

Guess what I've always done??? REBOOTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good grief! Okay, okay, I'm popping you off some good karma for that one, buddy! Geeeesh, had NO clue it was something so simple!!!!!!!!! LOL.

Do you mind if I first kick myself in the butt for all the times I rebooted unnecessarily? And then, if I may, can I jump up and down for joy for NOW knowing this? lol.

Woo hooooo! Ok, heres your karma! By the way, what do YOU need with karma? haha.

Have a great day cajun man!

Comment

I know how everyone feels. I could not figure it out either. I learned about this in a seminar.

I wanted to run up there and give the guy a big hug right away. BOY that is a frustrating thing.

You should have seen how excited I was when I found out how to change the text size without typing in the number.

Comment

Oh Lisa... I am soooooooooooo glad you asked this!!! I have been meaning to ask this very question for some time.... but was too stupid to know how to ask it!!! I know just a teenie weenie about PS and thought that prabably everyone else in the world knew this except for me! Thank you for asking!!!!

Kirk..... if you were soooo dying to tell someone your secret why didn't you just let it out!! You don't have to wait for us to ask you to share all your secrets!!!!

Comment

So glad I made everyone so happy today!

Now Adam I really feel stupid......I would reset brushes...nope...
              trash pref file....nope....
              NOTHING..........
              Reboot.......fixed.
              Very glad I finally asked the question.........now I can get on with it!

Comment

Oh-
                I am so glad this question was asked!
                I too, didn't ask cause I figured it was something really obvious and I'm just an idiot.....
                Thanks Lisa for asking....
                Thanks you Kirk for answering!!!!!
                Shannon

Comment

Thanks for sharing Kirk...

That's like one of many interesting tidbits that you can get from the Photoshop Seminars (Adobe/NAPP/Wacom). There is a new one for photographers... http://www.photoshopseminars.com/photoclass.html - FWIW

Comment

Working...
                  X