problems with liquefy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with liquefy

I used the liquefy tool and then I continued to do my proofing. Every where that I used the liquefy tool the pixels are messed up and doing things like burning or saturation on it makes that area different than the rest and really makes it noticeable.

Am I doing something wrong or do you do it at the very end?

Here is a section that I liquefied where it looks funny.
    Attached Files

Are you using a layer set to soft light or screen to punch up the colors? It looks like you liquified the bottom layer, but the layers above are showing the original.

You have to liquify before you do any adjustment layers

Comment

Either what Chet said, or the layer that you're liquefying is set to a low opacity...

Comment

I did it on a flat image, no layers. I did my basic proofing then did the liquefy then saturated and burned. This is what happened with the sat and burn. You couldn't see the area this much until I did the sat and burn. I have tried this on 3 different images and it did it on all 3. I am using the new pscs3.

Comment

It looks like what you did was turned into a selection at some point. What about any of the mask features in the liquify window?

Comment

Cheri, I am not sure what you mean by turning it into a selection?

In the liquefy screen I didn't do any masking or anything, just used the top tool (think it is the push pull one) and just pushed that part of her back in. I didn't do anything else.

Maybe I will do the exact same thing in PSCS2 and see if it does it in that one also. I never noticed it when I used cs2. Now I have done it 3 times in cs3 with the same results as above.

Comment

On the right side of the liquefy window, there are "mask" buttons with intersecting circles. Sometimes those can cause all kinds of weird things if clicked.

Comment

I agree with Sophia. I think you may have lowered the opacity of the layer to reduce the effect after liquifying. As the edges are high contrast, it shows more than usual.

Comment

She said she did it on a flat image, no layers!

Comment

I am using cs3 and cannot duplicate your problem on a flattened image. Restart your computer and then try again and see if it happens.

Comment

Working...
                    X