Nightmare winter tree branches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmare winter tree branches

I need to be able to make the existing sky transparent so I can replace the sky for Real Estate purposes quickly. I have PScc2018 CS3 and CS4. jon thanks
    Attached Files

Twilight try selecting and deleting the white and blue sky segments using the color thing.. Or, source it out to one of the many people trying to get business for r/e editing. Or re-shoot it @ twilight.

Comment

I agree with the reshoot, but I would just use a tripod, and do a second exposure for the sky.

If you just want some color in the sky, there's a quicky way, but depends upon what results you need (this method won't turn out super results). Adjust this to taste.....

Place whatever blue you would like on a new layer, over the sky portion. (I used #7ed1ff in the example, but you could tweak that to look better.)

Change blue layer opacity to 50% (I think it needs to be a lower opacity, 50% is too high!).

On the layer styles panel, change the left slider in "blend if -- underlying layer" to about 211 (screen shot).

Hope you don't mind, but I used your photo as an example. It needs a layer mask to clean it up a bit, but it gives a basic idea of what can be done....spend an few seconds, and it'll look better

Click image for larger version  Name:	Image%202018-02-26%20at%203.57.44%20PM.png Views:	2 Size:	5.3 KB ID:	3897963
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Annie Duncan; 02-26-2018, 02:07 PM.

Comment

YOU have gotten some great advice...but I would like to address the physical image....is this an example of one of your images that you deliver? or is this just posted as an example of what you need?
        Redheaded Johnson

Comment

I would recommend reshooting...not sure if this was the morning or the evening..but which ever it was do the opposite so the sun is shining on the front of the house and not have it in shadow. Also as has been suggested shoot on a tripod...take multiple exposures and then blend a good exposure for the house with a correctly exposed sky
          The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

This is an example of the trees and sky. A real estate listing takes me about one hour to shoot and right at another hour to process the images. The rate here is from $100 to $150 period. Three a day is not unusual, that's a lot of time for $300. I fight every day for a sustainable balance of craft the economics. I use HDR sometimes on exteriors bit have found my Nikon raw files do a good job, not perfect but reasonable. For $100 all they get is reasonable. I would like to know the steps to a good exterior using several exposures. I have entered the world of the $100 sale in portraits and listings. The upside is two or three jobs a day is not out of the question. The big sale still comes along now and then but knowing I can make the $200 - $300 each day is a great comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon LeMay View Post
              This is an example of the trees and sky. A real estate listing takes me about one hour to shoot and right at another hour to process the images. The rate here is from $100 to $150 period. Three a day is not unusual, that's a lot of time for $300. I fight every day for a sustainable balance of craft the economics. I use HDR sometimes on exteriors bit have found my Nikon raw files do a good job, not perfect but reasonable. For $100 all they get is reasonable. I would like to know the steps to a good exterior using several exposures. I have entered the world of the $100 sale in portraits and listings. The upside is two or three jobs a day is not out of the question. The big sale still comes along now and then but knowing I can make the $200 - $300 each day is a great comfort.
              Well...I charge $94....it takes me literally 10 minutes to photograph a house and less than 30 to do the retouching...INCLUDING changing out the sky to make it blue and such.

I have automated the process so much that I am now just a button pusher....zero retouching....scripts, actions, and overlays make things happen REALLY, REALLY fast.

To me....I give a product this is superior to anything I see out there, other than say Architecture Digest or something like that.....and you get all of that for $94...as a result, I do no less than 6 a day....and usually 15+ a week.

Scarlett has now learned the system and she has her own clients and she is starting to do right at 10 a week! ADD IT UP.....$94 x 15 x 52 weeks and you know how much money I am making doing simple real estate photography. This still leaves me enough time to do seniors, commercial, and business headshot, babies, etc.

It's AWESOME!!!!

Kirk
              Redheaded Johnson

Comment

Working...
              X